12/10/09

Thursday 13 - Favorite Books of 2009

I thought I'd kill my two blogs with one stone-post by participating in Thursday 13.

So today's post contains a sampling of the thirteen favorite books I've read in 2009. (They're not all necessarily written in 2009, and are in no particular order or genre and are based on 5 and 4 star ratings I gave them on goodreads.com.)


1. In The Land Of Cotton  by Martha Taylor




2. Columbine  by Dave Cullen



3. It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things To Consider  by Jim Henson



4. Doggin' America: 100 Ideas For Great Outdoor Vacations To Take With Your Dog  by Doug Gelbert



5. Patchwork & Ornament: A Woman's Journey of Life, Love, and Art by Jeanette Feldman & Nadine Galinsky Feldman (Editor)




6. Addiction: What's Really Going On? Inside a Heroin Treatment Program
by Deborah McCloskey & Barbara Sinor



7. The Year Of Fog by Michelle Richmond




8. Playground: A Childhood Lost Inside The Playboy Mansion  by Jennifer Saginor



9. The English American by Alison Larkin




10. The Dogs Who Found Me: What I've Learned from Pets Who Were Left Behind  By Ken Foster




11. Hershey: Milton S. Hershey's Extraordinary Life of Wealth, Empire, and Utopian Dreams  by Michael D'Antonio



12. My Booky Wook  by Russell Brand



13. One Deadly Sister: Woman-trouble Can Be Deadly  by Rod Hoisington






4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

The one....it's not easy being green...would be so very interesting I think.

My Thirteen is now posted...Find 'em HERE

Unknown said...

You have a very diverse taste in books.
Happy Holidays!

Andi said...

I think I'd like to check some of these out. Thanks!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Awesome list! I posted my best a few weeks ago.